Premed 101 Forums

Hong Kong Universities

Does anyone have experience with HKU MBBS or CUHK MbChb programs?

I am applying as a Non-Jupas applicant, I have interviews for both schools in June and I'm trying to gather as much information as I can about the interview process, the type of questions asked in the interviews and other information like scholarships and housing.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Hey Xenonx2,

Sorry I don't have any additional information. I applied last year to HKU medicine under non-jupas too. They didn't grant me an interview. This year I applied to CHUK in January and as of current, they are still reviewing my application! I got a bit peeved but I think it's because they dwell so much on my high school academics even though I was presenting to them my undergraduate degrees. I got good news from Ottawa though so I won't be flying to HK.

Good luck though!

Does anyone have experience with HKU MBBS or CUHK MbChb programs?

I am applying as a Non-Jupas applicant, I have interviews for both schools in June and I'm trying to gather as much information as I can about the interview process, the type of questions asked in the interviews and other information like scholarships and housing.

Any help will be much appreciated!

I applied and was interviewed at both HKU and CUHK non-JUPAS several years ago back in 2008.

I encourage you to visit the discuss hk and Uwants forums, sometimes they have graduates or current medical students who are willing to answer questions online. Of course these things always take it with a grain of salt but doesn't hurt to know more info.

For both HKU and CU interviews they ask a question or two about current hk news/issues so make sure you review the major topics. The interview will be entirely in English consisting of 2-3 panel members consisting of professors, no students, what they look for imo is a well-balanced, down to earth applicant, stressing that even more than the Canadian interviews. Feel free to pm me if you have additional qs.

Archived