Premed 101 Forums

Signing up for OMA/CMA?

I signed up for the OMA (and CMA) and paid the fees. It's been more than two weeks.

My application status is now 'reviewed', and I received an e-mail a while back that said

"Thank you for updating your e-mail information. This is simply to verify that we received and input the information correctly. You do not need to respond."

What now? When am I confirmed as a member?

I got an email a little while after that one that gave me confirmation and a member number. Then another few days to process the payment and have them activate my online account.

All right. I guess all I can do now is wait

I signed up yesterday and got an email today with my OMA number and password. The email indicated that once my payment is processed I will be able to log in. I'm guess that will take a couple of days.

Are you serious? That was fast. Are you sure it's a membership number and not a confirmation number?

Also I paid at the time of application.

EDIT: I paid $22 at time of application. On my credit card statement it is listed as "OMA DUES"

Ya I was shocked to hear back so quickly. I got the confirmation that I applied about an hour after I submitted the application yesterday. This afternoon I was emailed my OMA number and was told me CMA card would be mailed out soon. I'm sure they are just playing catch up from a surge of applications.

Ya I was shocked to hear back so quickly. I got the confirmation that I applied about an hour after I submitted the application yesterday. This afternoon I was emailed my OMA number and was told me CMA card would be mailed out soon. I'm sure they are just playing catch up from a surge of applications.

Nice. It could also be that they want confirmation from the school, so depends on when the schools get's back to them? Just speculating though

Nice. It could also be that they want confirmation from the school, so depends on when the schools get's back to them? Just speculating though

I was thinking the same thing. I know with my loan it seems that Scotia was able to contact Queen's directly for confirmation of enrollment. They never asked me for any paperwork proving acceptance.

Archived