Premed 101 Forums

LMCC 2 study groups

I think you are at a disadvantage if you don't study specifically for this examination (especially if not a generalist resident)... however, I found that one weekend 2 weeks before, plus a few days leading up to the exam was enough, +/- a little bit of group practice.

Also quoting Brooksbane's reply above Lactic Folly

You know what, a lot of residents I've come across off-service do tell me that it is only necessary to cram a little bit the week before and that's about it. I told them that I see residents in my program work really hard at it and study for many months before the exam and hold group practices 3 times a week, and some of them still do not pass the exam even after passing their Royal exams so they have to go into practice with supervision. My off-service seniors told me that it's because the seniors in my program are all IMGs. I find what they say somewhat offensive. But now that both you and Brooksbane are raising this point again independently I am forced to give its merit some consideration and maybe tone down my study a little bit. Thanks.

Well, I don't know your experience and comfort level with this type of examination, so you have to do what you feel is best for you. Will you regret overstudying? Some people might, but you probably won't.

We had OSCE examinations after each clerkship rotation in medical school, so the LMCC II was more of a content than process review.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
There's the issue. Imgs through combinations of language barriers, incompetence, and lack of osce experience fail the lmcc2 in higher numbers than domestic grads.

It is indeed politically incorrect, i would love to see how will you perform in an overseas country where their language is your 2nd or might even be your 3rd language.

I will not go through the financial/familial/social/academic pressure IMGs go through, but to just say that IMGs are incompetent is wrong .

Archived