Premed 101 Forums

new interview style for 2013-2014 application cycle

looks like MUN is starting to adopt the MMI!

"Our Interview Process is Changing for 2014

We will be using a hybrid of a Traditional Interview and Multiple-Mini Interviews (TaMMI).

The Important Dates to Note for all Interviews are:

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Because of the TaMMI process, no deviation from these dates can be accommodated."

http://www.med.mun.ca/Admissions/Home.aspx

Interesting. They've clearly been thinking about transitioning to MMI for some time now. I remember the first tim I applied (4ish cycles ago), there was a short questionnaire about our thoughts and feelings about on MMI-based admissions system. I suspect this will be a trial-run, with the decisions ultimately being made on the basis of the panel interview, but with the scores from the MMI being correlated against the traditional interview scores for validation.

Interesting. They've clearly been thinking about transitioning to MMI for some time now. I remember the first tim I applied (4ish cycles ago), there was a short questionnaire about our thoughts and feelings about on MMI-based admissions system. I suspect this will be a trial-run, with the decisions ultimately being made on the basis of the panel interview, but with the scores from the MMI being correlated against the traditional interview scores for validation.

This makes a lot of sense! I was a first time applicant this year and I'm happy I got a traditional interview. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the coming years. Looking forward to meeting you all in August!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

For those who want to do interview prep for the TaMMI upcoming, there is a couple resident physicians from AB who are former MMI interviewers who are coming to St. John's next month putting on a prep course.

They are called Medical Admissions Consultants and their website is macadmissions.com. Good luck!

Archived