Premed 101 Forums

graduating at RN from Canadian university, working in the US?

mjd2012

Hi everyone,

just wondering, does anyone know anything about acquiring your BN/RN in Canada and then gaining employment as a nurse in the US? I know that the US recognizes Canada's BN degrees, but does anyone have any experience in doing this? is it difficult to get a job? what is it like in comparison to working in a Canadian hospital? salary comparisons? what are your/your friends experiences?

thanks!

**the title should be "graduating BN from Canadian university". it won't let me fix my poor typing/spelling! :(!

Hi everyone,

just wondering, does anyone know anything about acquiring your BN/RN in Canada and then gaining employment as a nurse in the US? I know that the US recognizes Canada's BN degrees, but does anyone have any experience in doing this? is it difficult to get a job? what is it like in comparison to working in a Canadian hospital? salary comparisons? what are your/your friends experiences?

:(!

From ppl I've talked to, the salary is pretty much the same depending on the Cdn/American dollar value or something like that). the work condition is different because they have a lot of nursing assistants in hospitals that do most of the cleaning up patients, thus, the nurses get like 9-10 patients assigned instead of 6 (liek canada). So you'll just have to pass the NCLEX for the state that you want to work in and then you can apply for jobs. (i've heard this can be kind of a complicated process)

Archived