Premed 101 Forums

What should I be getting on practice tests?

Guest heho

Hey,

I was wondering what kind of scores people assured they were getting on practice tests before heading out to write the actual test. I'd idealy like to write a perfect test before this happens... but does anyone ever write a perfect practice test?

Also, with the study guides, how accurate are the exams/the scoring? I am currently using "MCAT SUCCESS 2004". I'm just a little uncertain of its accuracy, because the verbal reasoning in this book is very straight forward - and I have heard so many horror stories about the VR on the actual exam... (I'd like to think that I'm actually good at this section, but I fear the book may just be a poor representation).

Thanks a lot

Guest Madz25

I did the Princeton Review prep course and my mark on the last 2 mock MCATs was the same as what I got on the real MCAT. There is always some variation though. I just happened to score the same.

Madz

Guest circusgirl

you probably want to get close to what you want on the actual thing to boost your confidence going into it, if nothing else.

as for practice tests being good predictors... for me it really varied (I wrote the mcat twice- the first time my mark went down, the second time my mark went up). Personaly, I found doing these practice tests at least accurately predicted that my score would be at least 9 or 10, but how much above depended on the test.

Archived