Premed 101 Forums

I would love you forever for a bit of guidance on applying

Hi everyone,

So I'm not that familiar with the American process, but I would LOVE if someone could guide me where to apply. I am working on my application now, and could finish as soon as I could get LOR/transcripts sent.

I go to UWO, and our scale (http://premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20901), if GPA is calculated as (Credit value)*(GPA Score) and summed for all courses equally, gives me a 3.95 AMCAS GPA as I've only gotten two marks less than 80, both are 70s.

My MCAT score is a 14/10/12/Q for a 36Q.

Highlights of my ECs are -

Research Volunteer at Heart Attack Outcomes, 1 yr, 400 hrs

Thesis Project in Immunology Lab, 1 yr

Research Scholarship for Summer Term, 4 months, 640 hours

Coach of AAA Baseball Team, 4 years, many hours

Work at home renovations and umpiring baseball games

Some miscellaenous leadership

Volunteering at Senior Home, just started

Where do you think I have a good chance of getting in as a Canadian, and at this point in the summer?

THANKS so much!

mcat is solid and your marks are great. i personally have not applied or gotten into med school yet so I don't want to comment too much on your EC's but they seem solid. the fact that you maintained high marks and good mcat score will go a long way. if you can ensure that your application highlights good things about your ECs or even if you do more over the next year or two, you could easily get into a top tier school.

Also applying from UWO, with similar marks and MCAT. I'd get my app in as soon as possible, as verification of primaries is taking over a month right now. As for school list:

AECOM

Boston

Case

Georgetown

Jefferson

MCW

Sinai

NYU

Northwestern

Penn State

RFU

SUNY Upstate

Saint Louis

UVA

VCU

Wayne

I've left out high tiers as I haven't had any luck with Mayo or Vandy(no secondary yet) but you can go for them anyways.

Archived