Premed 101 Forums

AAMC 4 difficulty representative of real mcat?

farmin

OK I got 38 on AAMC4: 14/11/13. I'm a little scared that AAMC4 might be too easy. It's my first AAMC test. I tried one of the Kaplan's old full lengths with 100min and 77 questions for PS and BS. And I got annihilated. I think my PS score was like an 8 or a 9 for that. I heard that AAMC3 is dead easy and that's also why I suspect AAMC4 might be too easy. So... is it a lot easier than real mcat? Do I have a chance at getting 36 on real mcat?

I don't remember the contents of that test at all, so I just looked up my score. I did this one when I was done about 1/3 of my prep, but it's similar to my real score. On #4 I had 34 (12/8/14) but ended up with 37 (14/10/13) on the real thing.

I agree with Sprite about 10 & 11 being the best ones. I used 10 as a diagnostic, but I did 11 two days before my real test. Two out of three of my sections were identical between my real test and AAMC #11. Considering there was pretty much no studying done between both tests, I'd say that it did an excellent job at predicting my score.

Archived