Premed 101 Forums

Dal GPA Calculation?

Hi Guys,

My cGPA currently sits at a 3.4 from a BCom w/ Accounting. I'll be taking roughly another two years of University courses to get all my Science pre-req courses complete. I'm wondering if I do exceptionally well in these next two years if DAL calculates an entirely new GPA using the two most recent years even if they are not in the pursuit of another Undergraduate degree.

Thank you in advance for responses!

Pretty clearly laid out on the admissions website...

http://www.medicine.dal.ca/departments/core-units/admissions/application-process/degree-assessment.html

"The calculation of your GPA consists of the two most recent consecutive full-time years of undergraduate study at the time of application. If you have received your degree, at the time of application you have the option of selecting the best 3 out of 4 full-time years."

Seems to me that if you're taking full time classes for those 2 years, your GPA will consist of solely those 2 years.

Another note: Dal has no pre-req's

Pretty clearly laid out on the admissions website...

http://www.medicine.dal.ca/departments/core-units/admissions/application-process/degree-assessment.html

"The calculation of your GPA consists of the two most recent consecutive full-time years of undergraduate study at the time of application. If you have received your degree, at the time of application you have the option of selecting the best 3 out of 4 full-time years."

Seems to me that if you're taking full time classes for those 2 years, your GPA will consist of solely those 2 years.

Another note: Dal has no pre-req's

Thanks mavrik13. I didn't think that those details would have been under "Application Process". I do realize DAL does not have any pre-req's. I intend on applying to a few other schools that do have pre-req.

Archived