Premed 101 Forums

ottawa prereq

Hey,

What courses are considered to be Humanities or Social Science (according to Ottawa)? Also, it says that if you do not complete a full year course in SS/H, then 2 semester-equivalents from two separate disciplines will suffice. Assuming that psychology courses are considered SS, does this mean 2 half-year psych courses will NOT fulfill the requirement since they are from the same discipline? Would a full-year Children's Literature course suffice for either category? I really hope I can apply...

Hey,

What courses are considered to be Humanities or Social Science (according to Ottawa)? Also, it says that if you do not complete a full year course in SS/H, then 2 semester-equivalents from two separate disciplines will suffice. Assuming that psychology courses are considered SS, does this mean 2 half-year psych courses will NOT fulfill the requirement since they are from the same discipline? Would a full-year Children's Literature course suffice for either category? I really hope I can apply...

2 psych courses cannot satisfy the requirement. I recommend e-mailing the admissions department (admissmd@uottawa.ca) to get clarification about your courses.

Archived