Premed 101 Forums

Grades for courses done by distance while doing undergrad degree

On the OMSAS app, grades on transcripts have the following instructions:

You are required to submit transcripts to OMSAS for each postsecondary institution (university, college, CEGEP, junior college, graduate school) that you have attended, by the appropriate deadlines. This includes transcripts from institutions at which you studied on Letter of Permission, for transfer credit, or on an exchange program. To be official, transcripts from universities outside of Ontario must be sent directly from the Registrar's Office.

I am a student at UofT, but I have taken courses at Athabasca that are not done with an LOP or for transfer credit on my official transcript. Is it necessary for me to obtain the LOP for the grades from these courses to be part of my cGPA (for example, at McMaster)?

I'd appreciate any guidance if others have done similar.

Thanks!

On the OMSAS app, grades on transcripts have the following instructions:

I am a student at UofT, but I have taken courses at Athabasca that are not done with an LOP or for transfer credit on my official transcript. Is it necessary for me to obtain the LOP for the grades from these courses to be part of my cGPA (for example, at McMaster)?

I'd appreciate any guidance if others have done similar.

Thanks!

McMaster states on their website that all courses ever taken will count as part of your cGPA. If you did the Athabasca courses during the summer, they won't count towards your GPA for most schools. However if you did them during the year I believe they will count towards your yearly GPAs. Also, the LOP are typically done BEFORE you enroll in the course, so that you know the course is approved for transfer credit at your home school. Were you taking 5 courses at UofT simultaneously while during the online AU course? (if done during the year)?

Super - so I'm alright for McMaster. Thanks.

For all semesters other than one, I wasn't taking any courses at the UofT while I was taking the distance courses at Athabasca. The only exception is during one semester I was taking one course at UofT while taking 3 courses at Athabasca.

Thanks for the response!

Archived