Premed 101 Forums

OMSAS Awards/Accomplishments Section

Hello all,

Hope you're all well!

So sorry for the constant posts but I have a question about my Awards/Accomplishments section that is specific to me. In Grade 12, I helped organize a campaign to raise awareness about poverty and hunger in third world countries. It was only a short stint, but it involved posters and displays, and the story was covered in two local newspapers and a local radio show.

I was wondering if you think its a good idea to include this activity under Volunteer Work or Awards and Accomplishments. Also, I'd really appreciate it if you would suggest whether I should include the activity under the name of the campaign and then describe the newspaper articles and radio show appearance in the description box or if I should list the articles and the show separately?

Thank you so much in advance,

~L&F

Hello all,

Hope you're all well!

So sorry for the constant posts but I have a question about my Awards/Accomplishments section that is specific to me. In Grade 12, I helped organize a campaign to raise awareness about poverty and hunger in third world countries. It was only a short stint, but it involved posters and displays, and the story was covered in two local newspapers and a local radio show.

I was wondering if you think its a good idea to include this activity under Volunteer Work or Awards and Accomplishments. Also, I'd really appreciate it if you would suggest whether I should include the activity under the name of the campaign and then describe the newspaper articles and radio show appearance in the description box or if I should list the articles and the show separately?

Thank you so much in advance,

~L&F

Do what you said in the bolded part as a Volunteer activity. You don't need to put it under Volunteer AND Awards & Accomplishments.

Archived