Premed 101 Forums

Too late in the game?

Last year I applied to Ontario schools + McGill. Landed a uOttawa interview, but was waitlisted.

My cGPA is 3.91, 32 MCAT but 9VR (11 PS and 12 BS), and O on WS. Given that it's halfway through August, do I have any chance if I start my application today for, say, Wayne State? The 9VR kills me for Mac, Queens and UWO.

Even for Wayne? Where the admission isn't rolling per se?

Non rolling admissions may work, but the other factor to consider is interviews. Applying early is helpful primarily because you are competing with a smaller applicant pool with fewer stellar candidates, and so it helps even at schools without rolling admissions.

I would say your stats are good though, and because you managed to land the interview at Ottawa your EC's should be average or better. Ignoring submission date you're a strong applicant. No harm in trying.

Non rolling admissions may work, but the other factor to consider is interviews. Applying early is helpful primarily because you are competing with a smaller applicant pool with fewer stellar candidates, and so it helps even at schools without rolling admissions.

I would say your stats are good though, and because you managed to land the interview at Ottawa your EC's should be average or better. Ignoring submission date you're a strong applicant. No harm in trying.

Thanks, that was helpful.

Archived