Premed 101 Forums

Fedup with everything, suicidal

BlessedSoul

Last year I didn't end up writing because of my frustration with having to deal with AAMC's (particular AAMC 10) & TPR's slow system. It literally took me 2 hours to do the Physical section AAMC #10 right now because I had to restart the thing 12 times and each time it was lagging (took literally 30second-2 minutes) and it would refresh the page while im answering questions.

How do I stop this? It's messing with my head badly. I have less than a month left and I haven't done a single full length test because of this problem. Thankyou.

Last year I didn't end up writing because of my frustration with having to deal with AAMC's (particular AAMC 10) & TPR's slow system. It literally took me 2 hours to do the Physical section AAMC #10 right now because I had to restart the thing 12 times and each time it was lagging (took literally 30second-2 minutes) and it would refresh the page while im answering questions.

How do I stop this? It's messing with my head badly. I have less than a month left and I haven't done a single full length test because of this problem. Thankyou.

Never had that problem. The problem might be your computer?

Try getting some practice books so you won't have to worry about lagging/errors. I've heard good things about Princeton Review & Examkrackers practice books. I've used both of them myself, and I think they're pretty good.

Don't put too much pressure on yourself. Even in the worst case scenario - you fail every part of the MCAT (which is very unlikely) - you can always write the exam again. All hope won't be lost!

1) Do you have access to the computer lab at your university? Go there instead and try.

2) Buy or borrow MCAT books; many have practice exams in them.

3) Just do your best on the real thing and quite putting pressure on yourself because it'll only make things worst. Just remember that the VR is the most important section of the MCAT, but it's also the hardest section to improve on.

4) You can always rewrite. Doing poorly on the MCAT the first time your write it is NO big deal at all!

5) You'll have a tough time in med school if you start panicking/feeling suicidal every time you have a problem... and you're guaranteed to have all kinds of problems. So stop freaking out right now, or re-evaluate the reasons why you want to get into med school (and whether you can handle the stress of med school to begin with).

Archived