Premed 101 Forums

Kaplan practice exam book

nawrp11

Hey guys, just wanted to get your experience with using the Kaplan book with two online and two physical exams for practice. I am only using that book to do some more mcats after having studied everything using examkrackers. However, I am finding that there are occasionally questions in the kaplan exams that require information (i.e equations, knowledge on a topic etc) that examkrackers either did not include or specifically said is not required. Are any of you having this experience as well? One example off the top of my head is in the EK Physics section on magnetism, the equation F=ILB isnt mentioned all, but a question in a kaplan exam required one to know the equation in order to correctly answer a question.

Did anyone find that knowledge of these equations absent from EK study material was required to do well on the actual MCAT?

I have that book and did run into that myself. There are a number of free formula sheets for the MCAT available online so you can see what you actually need to know. Kaplan's questions do seem to require more than AAMC asks you to know.

The content guides on AAMC's site are clear on what you need to know. :)

Archived