Premed 101 Forums

panic mode...why do i do this to myself?

Guest larasmith

Guest larasmith

i'm majorly freaking out now. i meant to start studying for this like two months ago...but i've only really started three days ago. actually i even posted a message saying i started two months ago...but i haven't done anything since that one day i read one chapter lol. so i got back my first full length last week and only received 7-6-6 S ps-bs-vr. writing sample is good but everything else is poor. i hate myself for this. am i the only one who's just started? and am i officially screwed for this? i was hoping to break into the mid thirties, but i guess that ain't gonna happen.

Guest pazas

You have tons of time left. I only started two weeks before the exam and got a 38R. 7.6.6. is a good baseline score. Just make sure you do a lot of practice tests. That's what brings up your score the most. Good luck.

Guest HenryTheBig

Hey,

If you're an arts students who has had no science background whatsoever...no physics, no chem, no bio...then I'd say you're screwed unless you're Einstein. If you have quite a bit of science background...I wouldn't sweat it. Many of my friends who are in science only start 2 weeks before. One of my friends started 2 days before but this guy is quite brilliant. He ended up with a 30 with basically no studying.

Henner

Guest larasmith

I'm a science major, and have done two years. But I agree, if an arts major started now, then might as well not write it. That's crazy how you're friend got a thirty with only two days of studying. I wish I were that smart.

Yes, my writing sample was graded through a MCAT course (Kaplan). One of the instructors graded everyone's sample, so I'm not sure how accurate that mark would be had a real MCAT marker marked it.

Guest HenryTheBig

Hey,

Kaplan doesn't really know how the writing sample is marked. They only have a rough idea of what the MCAT people want. If you get very good marks in Kaplan, then I'd say your on the right track. However, the other scores (v/p/b) are very accurate to what you'd get on the real thing. Most of my friends who take Kaplan get the exact same score on the real MCAT (+/- 1 point usually) as their last practice test. Verbal is the hardest to pick up so I'd work on that. Bio and phys are not very hard to pick up.

Henner

Archived