Premed 101 Forums

I know UBC OT looks at only 300/400 level courses GPA, anyone who has been through the process know what previous years minimum GPA to get an interview was? how many people they interviewed? role of ECS, and personal statement?

UofA OT looks at last 60 credits, do they really only do it purely based on GPA ranking? What would the lowest be that could get in?

UofA required atleast a 3.3 to even be considered for admission. If you check out their website it has a chart that shows you how to judge GPA and what you should expect to see. Example: If you have a GPA of 3.8 of higher you are most likely to receive early admission. They also take into account your references and personal statement so it's not 100% GPA based.

I don't know much about UBC....

UofA required atleast a 3.3 to even be considered for admission. If you check out their website it has a chart that shows you how to judge GPA and what you should expect to see. Example: If you have a GPA of 3.8 of higher you are most likely to receive early admission. They also take into account your references and personal statement so it's not 100% GPA based.

I don't know much about UBC....

There were some people I know who got 3.8+ and did not get accepted into U of A, and I was one of them. Not sure what exactly they look for, as I got accepted almost everywhere else I applied to.

@thepeak

That is odd, were their volunteer work lacking? I am worried now, since I am in more of the 3.5-3.6 range.. and have okay volunteer work and experience. Can definitely get more experience this year..

I thought the 3.8 would have been pretty much a gaurantee as long as the personal statement and letter were okay...:(

There were some people I know who got 3.8+ and did not get accepted into U of A, and I was one of them. Not sure what exactly they look for, as I got accepted almost everywhere else I applied to.

Wow! I am very surprised as it outlines pretty clearly on the website that they are looking for competitive GPA's. Did you do well on your two required subjects? I am honestly shocked that you did not get in - I hope you have better luck this year.

Wow! I am very surprised as it outlines pretty clearly on the website that they are looking for competitive GPA's. Did you do well on your two required subjects? I am honestly shocked that you did not get in - I hope you have better luck this year.

I got A+ on the required subjects. I think my personal statements and volunteer hours were decent as I did get into Queens, Western, and U of T (which I will be going this year). I was really shocked too but I guess there was something on my application they really didn't like!

I got A+ on the required subjects. I think my personal statements and volunteer hours were decent as I did get into Queens, Western, and U of T (which I will be going this year). I was really shocked too but I guess there was something on my application they really didn't like!

did you take a full course load?

Archived