Premed 101 Forums

where to take MCAT

Guest wannabdoc

Guest wannabdoc

hey I was wondering if someone can help me with deciding where to take the August MCAT. I live in Ottawa but deciding to either take it in Halifax at Univ. of Dalhousie or Edmonton at Univ. of Alberta. Has anyone taken an exam there or anyone going to take an exam in either of those places?

The reason I want to take the MCAT away from Ottawa is that it will allow me to get away from friends and work therefore I will be more relaxed and calm a few days before the exam. Also it will give me some time to take a "before the end of a long summer" vacation after the exam. Also I wouldn't mind if someone can tell me about hotels closest to any of those test centers. Thanks in advance

Guest DoNair

I am writing in Edmonton at the UofA. It is an OK testing centre. I have written there before, and only there, so I have nothing else to compare it to.

There are a couple of hotels really close to campus. One on 87th ave and 112 st near Earls (Campus Towers? not sure) and then there is "The Met" on Whyte (82 Ave and 106 St ?). That one looks pretty swanky so it'll probably be pricey. Plus it is much farther away from the testing center (on 116th Street and 89 Ave ?)

Archived