Premed 101 Forums

E-mcat practice exams

Guest leviathan

Guest leviathan

Has anyone purchased any of these, and was it worth the $40/80?

Also, has anyone tried the free one (3R), and if you have taken the MCAT was this very similar in content and difficulty? I found it was a bit easy compared to the Kaplan practice tests, and I ended up scoring a 34 on it.

Guest squeegy80

I found the AAMC practice exams to be the single most important part of my MCAT preparation (as long as you use them properly), so yes I think it is worth it.

As for the 3R, it was more comparable to the real MCAT than any non-AAMC practice tests, but less so than the other AAMC ones (i did 4R-7R). As for level of ease, I got about 5 points higher on the real MCAT than on the 3R practice test, so I wouldn't say it's overly easy. But everyone is different so don't go expecting a 39 now :P

I did one Kaplan practice test and found it to be highly material-oriented, meaning you had to know your detailed science stuff much more than on the real one, which is more based on the passages and incorporating scientific knowledge to some extent. I guess Kaplan does this to make sure you really know your stuff, but in my opinion they overdo it a bit.

Don't take this advice too seriously though, as everyone studies differently and what worked for me won't necessarily be the same for you.

Good luck and study hard!

squeegy

Archived