Premed 101 Forums

Should I retake DAT? (for Aussie dental)

Hello.

I am considering taking DAT again because my RC score is significantly lower than others - RC of 15.

My other numbers: AA 21/PAT 20/TS 21.

Do you think I have to retake it? As I said, I am planning to apply to Melbourne and Sydney.

Thanks.

Your numbers are quite unusual, having RC of 15 but still getting AA 21... it would make sense if your TS was >= 25 that would somewhat compensate for the low RC mark that will equalize to around AA 21... just out of curiosity.

I believe your marks are sufficient, since AA itself is both RC and TS integrated. I would feel that it's competitive enough, but if you have extra time it doesn't hurt to try it again. In fact, GPA & DAT application statistics for Australia dental schools are steadily rising each year so you may consider that fact as well.

Hello.

I am considering taking DAT again because my RC score is significantly lower than others - RC of 15.

My other numbers: AA 21/PAT 20/TS 21.

Do you think I have to retake it? As I said, I am planning to apply to Melbourne and Sydney.

Thanks.

Hey if you found the answer, please let us know here as well. It's good information to have on the forums! Thanks!

Archived