Premed 101 Forums

Double dipping work experience

Hi guise - Wondering: For my supplemental, is it OK to mention the same experience twice in different sections such as in both employment and medically related activities? I worked as a camp counselor for children with special needs, and although most of the job was planning activities and such, there was also a large component focused on communicating camper health with their nurses. We also had a first aid course prior to beginning work. I would emphasize different aspects of the experience according to whatever section I'm filling out.

Hi guise - Wondering: For my supplemental, is it OK to mention the same experience twice in different sections such as in both employment and medically related activities? I worked as a camp counselor for children with special needs, and although most of the job was planning activities and such, there was also a large component focused on communicating camper health with their nurses. We also had a first aid course prior to beginning work. I would emphasize different aspects of the experience according to whatever section I'm filling out.

I've been wondering about this too...people on here would lead me to believe that you should only list something once. However, when I spoke with Carolyn in the Admissions office, she seemed to suggest that you could double-list things in different categories. Thoughts anybody?

Personally I didn't list the same experience twice in different categories, but it sounds like if you took a first aid course for work, you could list that as a separate entry under "medical experience". Though I would do that only if you're lacking in that category.

• 1 month later...
Personally I didn't list the same experience twice in different categories, but it sounds like if you took a first aid course for work, you could list that as a separate entry under "medical experience". Though I would do that only if you're lacking in that category.

Yes I agree with it.

Archived