Premed 101 Forums

Establishing a goal

GPCRs@work

Hello all,

I want to apply to five Ontario schools (U of T, U of O, McMaster, Western, Queen's) next summer as a graduate applicant. My wGPA ranges from 3.92 to 3.98 depending on how each school weights, and I think my ECs aren't too bad either.

I'm going to write the MCAT sometime this year. Is there any point of trying to get above 11 VR, 10 BS and 9 PS for these five schools? And if I get 10 VR, then that just kills my chances at Western, and 9 VR kills my chances at Queen's and puts me at a bad spot for McMaster. Correct?

I'm basically just trying to come up with a goal and study schedule, which, if what I've written above makes sense, puts more focus on the verbal reasoning and MUCH less focus on the sciences.

Thanks in advance!

Hello all,

I want to apply to five Ontario schools (U of T, U of O, McMaster, Western, Queen's) next summer as a graduate applicant. My wGPA ranges from 3.92 to 3.98 depending on how each school weights, and I think my ECs aren't too bad either.

I'm going to write the MCAT sometime this year. Is there any point of trying to get above 11 VR, 10 BS and 9 PS for these five schools? And if I get 10 VR, then that just kills my chances at Western, and 9 VR kills my chances at Queen's and puts me at a bad spot for McMaster. Correct?

I'm basically just trying to come up with a goal and study schedule, which, if what I've written above makes sense, puts more focus on the verbal reasoning and MUCH less focus on the sciences.

Thanks in advance!

If you are gunning for Canadian schools. All you need is above:

9 in Physical

11 in Verbal (every school just wants you to get 10 except Western which requires 11)

10 in Biol

Getting 9/11*/10 is the samething as getting 15/15*/15, both applicants have the same chance of getting in because Canadian schools just want you to pass the minimum requirements EXCEPT mac which wants you to get as high as a verbal score as possible.

Archived