Premed 101 Forums

Sept 7

mango.tea

I feel for you guys. I wrote earlier this summer and thought I did horrendously! Like on my flight home I was very depressed and figured my shot at applying this cycle was toast. Then I got my scores and scored a 13,13,13.

So just remember that this is a curved exam and if you found it difficult then so did everyone else.

Keep your heads up!

I thought PS and BS were doable. There was one physics passage that made me go WTF a few times. There were a few tough chem questions which I left for last and ended up having to 'best guess' at the last minute.

Hated how the easiest verbal passage was last...totally could have focused on it more but my fault for not briefly going through them all at the beginning. First time writing but likely won't be the last.

Can't agree with you more kalidis... See you in january. I am going to murder it next time. Theres no way I got my usual 12-13 in BS or PS this time... Probably going to get 3 points less than my AAMC average.

January here we go

I guessed on so many questions in PS (and BS as well, but moreso PS) it was ridiculous. The AAMC tests weren't representative at all of this monster.

Going to bounce back full force on my rewrite and kill it.

This is the 2nd time I wrote the MCAT. My first test on 7/26 was came out to a 12/13/9 (PS/VR/BS) thus necessitating a rewrite for Queens and Western.

The 9/7 test was a weird beast, I felt so time constrained on every section, something that I didn't experience at all on 7/26 or any practice tests. I made 4-5 guesses on PS due to sheer lack of time, because there was so many calculations. BS was surprisingly long as well. I usually finish with at 5-10 minutes remaining, but I had to rush so badly that I barely read the last two passages, finishing with seconds to spare. There was on BS passage that seemed impossible without taking an actual physiology course.

Content wise I think PS was OK, but BS was a bit harder that normal (like the ebola passage in AAMC11), but the length was absolutely killer. VR also seemed a bit longer too. Hopefully the curve turns out generous for this test!

1st time writing and it felt really awful :(

I had more confidence in my sciences than VR (well I'm a science student). However, after I saw PS I totally gave up and the horrendous VR seemed actually easier to read than the other two sections (but some questions were still convoluted).

Will totally have to rewrite, it sucks that we wouldn't get the scores only after the deadline to apply to this year's cycle has passed :confused:

This is the 2nd time I wrote the MCAT. My first test on 7/26 was came out to a 12/13/9 (PS/VR/BS) thus necessitating a rewrite for Queens and Western.

The 12/13/9 should have been fine for Queen's. There were applicants who got interviews with lower Ps and Vr and a 9 in bs at Queen's. Unless of course you applied, got rejected, and feel that it was the 9 that held you back...

Either way, hope the second write works out better!

The 12/13/9 should have been fine for Queen's. There were applicants who got interviews with lower Ps and Vr and a 9 in bs at Queen's. Unless of course you applied, got rejected, and feel that it was the 9 that held you back...

Either way, hope the second write works out better!

Thanks that is great news! I assumed that 10 was the cutoff for BS, but looks like I was wrong. I'm not too sure after the Sept 7 exam though, it felt brutal, worse than than my first exam :(

This test... I still am trying to scavenge my brain about some answers if I got them wrong or right. UGH!

It seems the MCAT is designed to make people feel horrible after writing it. Trust in the scale! Everything will probably be alright. I'm fairly confident the scale will be fairly lenient on PS and BS, maybe something like AAMC11?

It seems the MCAT is designed to make people feel horrible after writing it. Trust in the scale! Everything will probably be alright. I'm fairly confident the scale will be fairly lenient on PS and BS, maybe something like AAMC11?

Been incredibly depressed these past days haha. Darn it.

Archived