Premed 101 Forums

LOR Criteria

SDC11

Hey Everyone,

I'm looking at applying to some US schools and am required to get 1 LOR from an MD/DO, and either 1 from a committee or 3 academic.

One of my professors this semester for Pathophysiology is an MD. If I got a letter from him, does anybody have any idea if I could use this letter to satisfy both the 1 MD letter as well as 1 Academic letter requirement at the same time? Or do you think that schools might put the letter into either one or the other?

Also, and this could just be limited to my school, does anyone going to a Canadian university have a "pre - professional committee" in their faculty? From what I have heard, my school doesn't, which is really unfortunate.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Everyone,

I'm looking at applying to some US schools and am required to get 1 LOR from an MD/DO, and either 1 from a committee or 3 academic.

One of my professors this semester for Pathophysiology is an MD. If I got a letter from him, does anybody have any idea if I could use this letter to satisfy both the 1 MD letter as well as 1 Academic letter requirement at the same time? Or do you think that schools might put the letter into either one or the other?

Also, and this could just be limited to my school, does anyone going to a Canadian university have a "pre - professional committee" in their faculty? From what I have heard, my school doesn't, which is really unfortunate.

Thanks in advance!

as far as I know, there are no canadian schools that have letter writing pre-professional committees.

the best way to find out whether they want 2 separate ones is to ask the schools. Unfortunately, there are schools I was unable to apply to because of the letter requirements.

Archived