Notarization and 2nd iteration Q for CaRMS - IMGs

Looking through the program requirements on CaRMS I see a lot of this:

"Medical School Transcript [Document must be notarized/certified]

Medical Student Performance Record [Document must be notarized/certified]

Letter of Reference [Document must be notarized/certified]

MCCEE - Statement of Results [Document must be notarized/certified]

Undergraduate Transcript [Document must be notarized/certified]

Graduate Transcript [Document must be notarized/certified]"

It looks like CMGs don't really have these requirements for notarization (except the proof of Canadian citizenship) like the IMGs do....

Perhaps any IMG could comment....if this is written on the program requirement website do these really have to be notarized? For reference letters for example I know the referee can upload directly onto the CaRMS website so I don't know why the "notarized/certified" requirements are posted. Also in regard to the transcripts I know some schools send it directly to the program so I don't get how we're supposed to meet the "notarized/certified" requirement for that. Can anyone comment on this?

Also I know many unfilled CMG slots are available to IMGs in the second iteration....so does that mean we can still send in the applications for the CMG stream while the R-1 main match 2014 is up so that we can still do the interviews and have a shot at the 2nd iteration?

Any suggestion would help, thanks!

Also I know many unfilled CMG slots are available to IMGs in the second iteration....so does that mean we can still send in the applications for the CMG stream while the R-1 main match 2014 is up so that we can still do the interviews and have a shot at the 2nd iteration?

No. You can apply only for IMG spots in the 1st iteration. There is some variation to the IMG process so you should direct your questions to the CaRMS provincial eligibility page.

Archived