Premed 101 Forums

Besides shipping, what did you buy with your amazon credit?

taboo

Wait so the gift card doesn't work on amazon.ca?

"Amazon® Gift Card Information:

It is our pleasure to provide you access to this $30 Amazon.com® Gift Card* that can be applied towards the purchase of millions of items at Amazon.com. Don't delete this message. You'll need the gift card claim code below. You may want to print a copy of this message for easy reference later.

"

I didn't even bother trying it on amazon.ca... Watch it work, I'll feel like an idiot

No, it won't work on amazon.ca. I checked.

I bought a science book for my kids and a new calligraphy pen (pilot parallel 1.5mm.) Shipping was ~$15 and I ended up paying $10 after the credit.

The really annoying thing is that I *know* it would not cost that much to actually ship it here. I've bought stuff from the US hundreds of times and it is cheaper to ship from the states than within Canada. I really should have bought some $5 additional thing and had it shipped for free using the free super saver shipping to one of my friends in the US, then they could have shipped it to me for less.

Just didn't want to annoy anyone....

No, it won't work on amazon.ca. I checked.

I bought a science book for my kids and a new calligraphy pen (pilot parallel 1.5mm.) Shipping was ~$15 and I ended up paying $10 after the credit.

The really annoying thing is that I *know* it would not cost that much to actually ship it here. I've bought stuff from the US hundreds of times and it is cheaper to ship from the states than within Canada. I really should have bought some $5 additional thing and had it shipped for free using the free super saver shipping to one of my friends in the US, then they could have shipped it to me for less.

Just didn't want to annoy anyone....

So this is actually a "one time shipping coverage coupon" for items which are less than the amount you need for the free shipping option.

Archived