Premed 101 Forums

Help for those wondering about dealines for CAF, Ref Letters & Transcripts

I spoke to OMSAS directly

1. They said that if no date is posted the university wants everything in by Oct 1st. For example Uoft states they will accept supporting documentation until Nov 1st. I cannot find anything on Ottawa U website that states a later date, but if anyone knows and would like to share that would be good.

2. HOWEVER, what OMSAS does is that they will not disqualify your application if they receive documents after Oct 1st, instead they date it and send it out anyways and they told me it's up to the discretion of the Universities you are applying to, to consider it or not. **EVERYTHING OMSAS GETS (ANYTHING SENT TO THEM IE SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS) THEY WILL STAMP IT WITH THE DATE RECEIVED AND SEND IT OUT BUT IT'S UP TO THE DISECRETION OF THE UNIVERSITY AS TO WHETHER THEY WILL LOOK AT IT OR NOT** The only exception is that they will not except applications after Oct 1st.

3. Transcripts (ones from Universities in Ontario not including exceptions): if you make the request prior to Oct 1st, then you are okay ie. if you for example fill out the transcript part Sept 20th on your OMSAS application but don't submit your application until Oct 1, you are okay. Because as long as the request was made that is all that matters.

4. For Ottawa U specifically: I had formal education courses that did not have transcripts but only certificates and I was only given one copy. Ottawa U said for me to copy them and send it they will put it under my file as miscellaneous and Ottawa u DOES look at anything placed in your miscellaneous file.

Also if you have specific questions about university policy don't listen to OMSAS, because OMSAS told me that Universities usually don't look at your miscellaneous file. But when I called Ottawa U they said they look at everything that is sent to them. OMSAS also told me that if you just have certificates and no transcripts or marks then you don't need to include anything, but when I called Ottawa U they said they want copies of the certificates and send it to OMSAS and Ottawa U will look at it. It just saves you the hassel of Ottawa U calling u and asking for it later on

Archived