Premed 101 Forums

Medicine in Canada

Hi

i have recently graduated from high school and i want to study medicine in canada , what universities have a pre mid or a 6 year program , and can i apply for a bachelor degree in biotechnology in canada and then into the medical school ? please help me am LOOOST:confused: walk me through it step by step please:)

P.s: I am an International student

Hi

i have recently graduated from high school and i want to study medicine in canada , what universities have a pre mid or a 6 year program , and can i apply for a bachelor degree in biotechnology in canada and then into the medical school ? please help me am LOOOST:confused: walk me through it step by step please:)

P.s: I am an International student

Nobody in English Canada at least, has a direct entry 6 year program. That's a European thing. We have 4 year programs but you need to have a minimum 2 years of undergrad done. The vast majority aren't admitted until they have a bachelors degree.

Nobody in English Canada at least, has a direct entry 6 year program. That's a European thing. We have 4 year programs but you need to have a minimum 2 years of undergrad done. The vast majority aren't admitted until they have a bachelors degree.

so if i applied for a bachelor degree in biotechnology in a canadian university can i after that apply for the 4 year med program?

McGill has a med P program which is 6 years (I am not sure if you get directly into med after the two bridging years)

Queens also has a 6 year program now (I think it started this year- or so I hear)

McGill med P is 5 years my dear, only available to cegep students. UofMontreal also has a 5 years med-P program. There's only 1 bridging year and your spot is guaranteed if you maintain a 3.5gpa during that year. Trust me I'm a doctor.

Archived