Premed 101 Forums

Queen's Physiotherapy Personal Submission Questions

Please explain your reasons for choosing physiotherapy as a career, demonstrating your knowledge of the profession and scope of practice.

Discuss your activities directly related to physical therapy. Include and clearly outline patient experiences, job shadowing and volunteer opportunities, as well as research, co-op placements and employment. Document the duration (number of hours), names of facilities and locations, and the populations with whom you interacted.

Briefly describe other relevant activities that provide evidence of your involvement and leadership in increasing the well-being of individuals, groups or society in general. Include any awards for community service.

I understand exactly what these questions are asking, but I don't know what they're looking for in each one of them. Ie, what exactly should I emphasize, how it should be written, should I give examples etc.

Any key pointers?

Thanks

Please explain your reasons for choosing physiotherapy as a career, demonstrating your knowledge of the profession and scope of practice.

Discuss your activities directly related to physical therapy. Include and clearly outline patient experiences, job shadowing and volunteer opportunities, as well as research, co-op placements and employment. Document the duration (number of hours), names of facilities and locations, and the populations with whom you interacted.

Briefly describe other relevant activities that provide evidence of your involvement and leadership in increasing the well-being of individuals, groups or society in general. Include any awards for community service.

I understand exactly what these questions are asking, but I don't know what they're looking for in each one of them. Ie, what exactly should I emphasize, how it should be written, should I give examples etc.

Any key pointers?

Thanks

Im not sure what you are asking, its pretty straight forward. If you havent volunteered or worked in a clinic, it will be very difficult to answer these truthfully. I am under the assumption that you have reviewed what Queens looks for while you were doing your undergrad, if you have, then just answer them as best you can and you will be fine. These questions arent meant to trip you up, they are usually used to separate candidates with similar GPA

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry not a reply to your question, but hoping someone may answer a question of the same topic. For Question 2, does the max character count (3000) INCLUDE spaces or excludes them? I just need some confirmation. Thanks.

Includes spaces if I remember correctly. And ORPAS sometimes messes up and counts 'extra spaces', so I would write it with a bit of buffer zone (2900 characters~)

They want to see your involvement in PT. So yes, I would put as much info as to where you have worked/volunteered. Queens tend to like applicants who know that PT is what they want, so it is important for you to show them that you have experienced different areas of PT by providing them with examples.

Any key pointers?

Thanks

Archived