Premed 101 Forums

Research position interview question

Guest mmhs12345

Guest mmhs12345

Hey im sorry, I keep posting so much on this forum but I have a question.

So I just got an email from a prof saying im meeting him this week for a "meeting" on a research volunteering position. He sent me 2 links to his former work, and said it would be helpful if you would read them.

Im wondering, what type of questions should I expect from this interview? I really do not want to mess it up, as I want to get this research spot.

Hey im sorry, I keep posting so much on this forum but I have a question.

So I just got an email from a prof saying im meeting him this week for a "meeting" on a research volunteering position. He sent me 2 links to his former work, and said it would be helpful if you would read them.

Im wondering, what type of questions should I expect from this interview? I really do not want to mess it up, as I want to get this research spot.

Hi mmhs,

This is exciting. Congratulations on the meeting, wishing you all the best for this volunteer research position. I sincerely hope it goes well!

Based on my previous experience, I would suggest reading the provided materials and having a general sense of what sort of research that lab studies. It would serve you well to have sense of the research methods conducted in that lab if you have access to this information.

The interviewer will likely ask you standard interview questions, such as your availability, your previous research experience, your future ambitions, your future goals. And, what sort of skills you can bring to the lab team. Also, what do you hope to gain from this research experience? Do you want to turn this into a summer project in the future? And, importantly, how might you benefit the team?

I have moved your thread to the research forum as it would be better suited in a forum dedicated to research.

Please, if you have any further questions, I would be more than happy to help in any way I can.

All the best :)

C

Archived