Premed 101 Forums

New IP/OOP Decision Dates!

My guess would be that perhaps the ratio of OOP applicant interviewed to available seat is higher than IP. More competition means tougher decisions, and maybe they feel they will require more time to make the best decisions for this pool. Although this is only a guess, as I can not confirm how many IP/OOP were actually interviewed. It seems like in the past they have sent out decisions to OOP first. Then again, this was the first year with TaMMI style interviews... who knows.

Correct! They go through applications by pool (ie. all NB at once, all PEI at once, all Yukon at once... etc). Given that there are 64+ people from NL in our class of 80, you can extrapolate that they get many more NL applicants than any other pool so it takes that much more manpower to get through them all as a committee. But that's just theory.

I'm really hoping this is a mistake... I find it so strange that they would flip the dates for NL and OOP for just this year?

I don't think it is. When I phoned about the deadline for submitting fall semester marks, I was told that this year they will not be considered in the decisions and that relevant additional information will only be considered if received by the latest early next week. At that point, files are considered complete for review. Indicating that IP is being reviewed much earlier this year.

honestly, i am IP and will still submit my marks from this semester. in the letter that we were went with interview invitations, we were told to send them in as soon as they are available. at this time, we haven't been told otherwise by admissions. while i am sure that the previous poster is likely correct, i think its better to be safe (and send them in) than to be sorry.

Do you know if they still want OOP marks? I'm assuming yes

I have no idea for OOP, but I would send them in when they become available.

honestly, i am IP and will still submit my marks from this semester. in the letter that we were went with interview invitations, we were told to send them in as soon as they are available. at this time, we haven't been told otherwise by admissions. while i am sure that the previous poster is likely correct, i think its better to be safe (and send them in) than to be sorry.

Ya, I'm still sending mine in as well. I wasn't told not to, just that the marks won't be used in the decisions of the committee. I mean successful candidates need to send in final transcripts anyways, showing that they've maintained performance, so they probably still want it on file.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived