Premed 101 Forums

Countdown to interview decisions!

It is quite possible that they haven't sent out all of the early deadline invites, and might do those today or even tomorrow..

Technically they have given themselves a until Thursday as deadline for sending invites for those that meet the August deadline... So don't be surprised if all of the invites and regrets don't come until end of day Friday.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is quite possible that they haven't sent out all of the early deadline invites, and might do those today or even tomorrow..

Technically they have given themselves a until Thursday as deadline for sending invites for those that meet the August deadline... So don't be surprised if all of the invites and regrets don't come until end of day Friday.

How do they have until Thursday to send out early invites? They clearly indicated that those who are invited to interview have until the 18th and it's plausible to assume that a week will be given.

UBC needs to get its **** together. It's not hard to send all the regrets or early invites at the same time since they already released all the stats.

I agree..also given the fact that we paid fees for our application, they should be handled in a more organized manner/try their best to not create such amount of unnecessary confusion.

So just speculation, it seems none of the early applicants have been notified of regrets? So this could mean there's another wave of regrets later for them, or there could be another wave of acceptance and regular applicants get pushed to tomorrow/friday?

That's what I'm thinking. Hopefully it's another wave of acceptance, but I'm expecting regrets at this point...

Well I hope it's more acceptance:)

On another note, it looks like AQ = 1.5234(GPA) - 104.68 lines up with the known rejections.

From the stats posted already, UBC seems to be steering away from letting students with high GPA get by (new system: >90% = 32 vs. 81% = 19). Before the change, if I recall correctly, there was a quite a big difference in AQ using the 'old formula' (>90% used to be near 50 or 50/50).

From the stats posted already, UBC seems to be steering away from letting students with high GPA get by (new system: >90% = 32 vs. 81% = 19). Before the change, if I recall correctly, there was a quite a big difference in AQ using the 'old formula' (>90% used to be near 50 or 50/50).

Ya they definitely seem to be that way. One applicant had a 94% aGPA and only got 38.61 for their AQ. For some schools, 94% is close to perfect grades throughout...and for others its higher than perfect.

Archived