Premed 101 Forums

4th Year Courses

xClashx

Do American Medschools care about how many credits you are taking for a certain year?

For example, western has take the policy that you have to take 3 credits from the year you are in.

At UofT Mississuaga, I'd have to do like an internship and an ROP to meet that requirement because UofT barely has any 4th year courses for bio (i m specializing in bio)=/

Do American Medschools care about how many credits you are taking for a certain year?

For example, western has take the policy that you have to take 3 credits from the year you are in.

At UofT Mississuaga, I'd have to do like an internship and an ROP to meet that requirement because UofT barely has any 4th year courses for bio (i m specializing in bio)=/

I can't answer your question about US schools, but I just want to clarify a point about Western. In 3rd and 4th year, you need to take senior level courses to satisfy their 3/5 rule (which are 3rd OR 4th year courses).

I assume that if any US schools have an explicit rule about this, it would be similar. They probably wouldn't like if your 4th year was predominately 1st year courses.

Archived