Premed 101 Forums

U of T Interview Discussion 2014

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hm I got the survey email, but it's not working for me. Anyone else?

Oh good, my theory was wrong! I was in the middle of the survey and now it appears to be offline too.

I just got my UWO rejection, I'm sure Queens is about to reject me as well, and if UofT was going to too then this day would really suck for me! Though I'm just testing the waters this year and will have to do a 2nd UG, the Rs still sting.

They didn't send out any invites (at least based on the sample of people in this forum) on the Friday before the Jan 25th interviews, so I wonder if they'll send any today-perhaps on the Friday before interview weekends they are busy preparing for tomorrow and won't have time to send out any invites? We'll see...

I agree, it's nice to see med schools caring about applicants' feelings and taking feedback seriously. It seems to me that UofT is very people-centred overall. I've called all the schools several times to clarify admissions things (I'm a non-traditional applicant, lots of things to clear up!) and the people I spoke to at UofT were very straight forward with answers but also pretty comforting.

Just judging from that and their holistic approach to admissions, they seem to be the most 'human', which really appeals to me.

Good luck to tomorrow's candidates! Looking forward to meeting the 1T8s :D

Relax and be confident. Talk to the med students when you get a chance to find out more about the school and program and definitely go on the various tours that have been organized. The interview will be over before you know it so sleep well tonight and wake refreshed. :)

I am wondering, do Canadian medical schools have any bias against US undergraduate degrees. I am currently a graduate student at UfT and I am also a permanent resident of Canada, but I did undergrad in the US. Still no invite for UfT yet, starting to worry about the details.

Saw your post in the Queen's I/R thread. You're a beast. I know a few people that made the transition from US college to Canadian medical school and it didn't seem like much of a barrier for them. Sometimes grade conversions don't work in US undergrads' favour but that didn't seem to hurt you. You'll probably hear good news at some point. I bet UofT just hasn't gotten around to your application yet!

Saw your post in the Queen's I/R thread. You're a beast. I know a few people that made the transition from US college to Canadian medical school and it didn't seem like much of a barrier for them. Sometimes grade conversions don't work in US undergrads' favour but that didn't seem to hurt you. You'll probably hear good news at some point. I bet UofT just hasn't gotten around to your application yet!

Thanks for replying and the words of encouragement, I got rejected from Queens pre-interview though, which is why I was wondering if my US education is considered a negative. I guess I will just have to wait and hope for the best for UfT.

Thanks for replying and the words of encouragement, I got rejected from Queens pre-interview though, which is why I was wondering if my US education is considered a negative. I guess I will just have to wait and hope for the best for UfT.

There's at least one Canadian in my class who did his UG in the US so, based on that anecdotal evidence, I would guess that there isn't necessarily any negative points for that...

For the interview, is it just one question that you have to answer, and you have, say, 10 minutes to do so, or is it a conversation, where the interviewer may feed the conversation with follow up questions?

I'm afraid that info is confidential, sorry!

Excellent meeting everyone today! I hope everyone enjoyed the process and fingers crossed for May!

Good luck to tomorrow's candidates :)

At least 3 of my classmates did their undergrad in US.

Archived