Premed 101 Forums

Pre-reqs For Ubc Mpt

Can anyone help me answer this question please? I will be applying to UBC Physical therapy (MPT) next year and I have all the requirements to apply except I am not sure about the grade 12 physics (minimum 72% grade) requirement. In high school I got 78% as my final school grade but did not do so well on the Provincial diploma exam and when my final mark was blended with the diploma exam result it brought it down to 68%. Both grades are shown on my transcript. Will UBC accept the grade 12 school grade of 78% which is over the minimum or will they take it as the blended 68 % ? When I have tried to find out I am told they will take the final grade on my transcript so am not sure. If they dont take the school grade I will have to take a first year physics course too which is not easy to do if you already have grade 12 physics. thanks!

Hi thanks. I have been told that they just 'check the box' off on the high school prerequisites though and as long as it meets the minimum 72% it counts. The GPA is calculated more on the senior level courses isnt it? Calculating using instructions on the UBC website I have around 85% GPA. If I did take a first year physics class I don't think that grade would be included in the GPA as its not a senior level course - its all a bit confusing.

Would prefer not to have to take physics if possible as I have a few other courses this semester and a part time job but I will do what I have to do if I have to (lol)

• 1 month later...

Archived