Premed 101 Forums

When are invites coming out?

Mine is tomorrow afternoon! Maybe I'll see you at lunch and the tour :)

Good luck to all interviewing at Wayne state! I had mine 2 weeks ago, it was a great experience. Its a very personal laid back interview so don't stress about it.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Due note that there is also the BS factor involved one here. Not to mention that CASPer is highly subjective.

But it's fun to freak myself out and question my life decisions! :P

My dad's the one who knows someone close to the admission committee and he's just helping me worry more. Sometimes, I wish I had parents who didn't care so much.

But it's fun to freak myself out and question my life decisions! :P

My dad's the one who knows someone close to the admission committee and he's just helping me worry more. Sometimes, I wish I had parents who didn't care so much.

No you don't haha

we're all in this crazy 8 month adventure together.

On a side note with CASPer there aren't many "safe" GPA/Verbal scores, which makes me uneasy.

I can't decide whether the fact that the first year Mac students are marking CASPer is terrifying or great.

On one hand I have no idea how trained they'd be for it (I'm guessing not a lot) but at the same time they just went through the nightmare of applying so might be more likely to take it seriously/be fair?

No you don't haha

we're all in this crazy 8 month adventure together.

On a side note with CASPer there aren't many "safe" GPA/Verbal scores, which makes me uneasy.

For both our sakes, I hope we're on this adventure for the full 8 months.

When I taught a club, I was always a hard marker. Maybe the person marking mine was unusually nice. It would be nice to have some sort of feedback, even just a decile.

I think it's safe to assume nothing today. Looking through last year's thread, there are people with far higher stats than mine getting rejected without even an interview. Just need to hope that my 1 (maybe 2) horrible Casper sections don't screw me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard that the Casper is marked so that they remove your best and worst sections and only consider the ones in between! If thats the case, then you can feel a bit better! :)

If you guys want to avoid constantly checking you can use IFTTT.com to have it call you or text you whenever you get an email from an @mcmaster.ca or whatever address.

Do you know what e-mail it gets sent from? I just have it set to anything with interview in it right now

Archived