Premed 101 Forums

University of Saskatchewan Pharmacy 2018

timrim

I am surprised there hasn't been a forum made for University of Saskatchewan Pharmacy, but here it is.

State your stats or any info you know regarding admissions here.

I am a UofA student. I applied to both UofA and UofS Pharmacy. My prereqs are 3.6 and my cumulative is 3.3 (If I remember correctly, UofS counts all years in undergrad, my first 2 brought me down a little).

Anyways, let's start contributing to this forum please.

Applied to UofA and USask Pharmacy

(Was waitlisted at both last year - OOP for Sask)

Overall is approx. 3.5

Pre-req is round 3.4

We'll see what happens this year!

Also: Anyone heard anything about the changes they are implementing in a couple years for admission?

• 2 weeks later...
Applied to USask Pharmacy as OOP.

Final year of my B.Sc. Overall is about 3.8 and pre-req may be about that or a little higher (not sure because my university uses a different grading system).

English isn't my first language, but it's not a problem (Toefl ibt score is 115/120).

Would you guys know what my chances are?

GPA wise, your chances look great.

I don't know anything about TOEFL grades though, but it seems like you have a high score in it if you were just 5 marks away from a perfect score.

Overall I think you're good for marks, but there is still the Test of Critical Skill.

Are you a student living in Canada? or applying internationally?

Applied to USask Pharmacy as OOP.

Final year of my B.Sc. Overall is about 3.8 and pre-req may be about that or a little higher (not sure because my university uses a different grading system).

English isn't my first language, but it's not a problem (Toefl ibt score is 115/120).

Would you guys know what my chances are?

GPA wise you're definitely competitive, but remember that only counts for 60%. There is still the Test of Critical Skills and Personal Profile which is worth 40% and if you don't nail that, you won't be ranked near as high.

(Believe it or not, I know someone who had a 4.0 gpa and failed to meet the minimum score on the TOCS and was not accepted because of it :eek: )

GPA wise, your chances look great.

I don't know anything about TOEFL grades though, but it seems like you have a high score in it if you were just 5 marks away from a perfect score.

Overall I think you're good for marks, but there is still the Test of Critical Skill.

Are you a student living in Canada? or applying internationally?

Canadian applicant. Learned English during my childhood/teen years.

GPA wise you're definitely competitive, but remember that only counts for 60%. There is still the Test of Critical Skills and Personal Profile which is worth 40% and if you don't nail that, you won't be ranked near as high.

(Believe it or not, I know someone who had a 4.0 gpa and failed to meet the minimum score on the TOCS and was not accepted because of it :eek: )

Great, it's good to know I have a competitive GPA. Let's see what's gonna happen in Toronto (will be taking the TOCS there). :)

You said you were waitlisted last year (OOP at USask). Which position? Would you know which position was the last one from the list to get in?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
If there is anyone from the south (Lethbridge and/or surrounding area) who is also travelling to Calgary to write the TOCS on March 22, send me a msg. and we can carpool etc.

Thanks,

Hey barndog, have you received an email from UofS regarding the TOCS? I haven't received anything yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys! I applied to USask (OOP), as well as to DAL this year! It's my first time applying to both. Feeling pretty nervous about the TOCS/PP on Saturday… anyone have any tips?

Get a good night sleep, show up early, and bring 2 pens!

(Also, do not forget your test form)

• 3 months later...
Anyone receive an acceptance yet?

I'm on the OOP wait list. I received a letter from them this evening! I won't be attending though, even if I get in off the wait list (so one less person on there for those also on the wait list!)

Congrats!

Did you get your letter today or yesterday?

I'm OOP but haven't heard anything so far. Is it bad news or terrible news? :confused:

I received mine yesterday afternoon (I'm also OOP). By the end of this week, they should all be out for sure.

Archived