Premed 101 Forums

Thunder Bay MMI Practice 2014

Is anyone in the Thunder Bay are interested in practising for the MMI? I would love to set up a a few get togethers prior to the interview dates. If you're not in the area, perhaps we can get Skype up and running as well.

If you are interested please reply or privately message me so I can start making arrangements and book a room at Lakehead University. Please let me know what days work for you. Sundays are generally good for me.

I hope to hear back from a few of you. :)

Good luck to everyone and congrats!!!

So I've received some feedback for the TBAY MMI practice brigade. If you are interested in practicing with complete strangers, please feel free to join us! Meetings will be starting next weekend on Feb. 8th or 9th at Lakehead U. (Details to come on Monday once the room is booked)

If you are a participant please bring at least five typed MMI questions/scenarios that you have not shared with anyone else in the group. What we can do is use the questions on each other as if we were in the MMI. Other group members can observe and provide feedback, at the end of each "interview". We can also allocate time to review and discuss some important information that might be helpful in our interviews (working in the north/rural settings, NOSM curriculum, social accountability, general knowledge of the Canadian health care system, communication skills, critical thinking, ethics, etc.).

These reoccurring meetings should last about 1-2 hours. I will use this thread to communicate all of our meeting dates and details. Skype is available for those out of town and anyone can join at anytime... come one, come all!

Good practice makes (almost) perfect. ;)

For those who are interested in joining us for practice, our first meeting will be on Sunday at 3PM. Meeting place will be held on Lakehead U campus in the William H. Buset Centre for Music & Visual Arts.

Please meet on the main floor in the lobby area with the black couches. Then we can go to our room (MV-1007). If you're not sure where the building is you can find it if you stand at NOSM's front door and look north-west. It's a small brown brick detached building with a William H. Buset Centre for Music & Visual Arts sign in front of it. You can't miss it.

Also parking is free on weekends, so feel free to use the metered parking available between the NOSM building and the music building.

This meeting is open is anyone who is interested. See you at 3PM on Sunday February 9th!

Reminder about the first meeting today at 3PM EST

Meeting place will be held on Lakehead U campus in the William H. Buset Centre for Music & Visual Arts. You can find the building if you stand at NOSM's front door and look north-west. It's a small brown brick detached building with a William H. Buset Centre for Music & Visual Arts sign in front of it.

Use the metered parking available between the NOSM building and the music building. It's free on weekends.

See you today!

Hey all, thanks to those who were able to attend the first meeting in person, or over Skype.

Our next meeting is on Saturday Feb. 15 at 7PM EST.

This meeting will include mock interviews so please bring some questions or scenarios that we can use on each other.

Anyone is welcome to join and if you have questions feel free to shoot me a message. Until then, take care!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived