Premed 101 Forums

DO schools

Hello,

I am strongly interested in DO schools in US. I have 2 major questions:

1) Can you tell me if I can come back to Canada after and apply for a residence with the same rights as canadian MD's owners for EVERY provinces ?

I asked to the college of physicians and they said that when you come back from US OR France, you have the same rights to apply for a residence as for canadians; but she did not specify MD or DO.

2) Do you think it's 100% sure that I can come back from US with a DO degree and do a family medicine residency ?

Thank you,

Ana

Hello,

I am strongly interested in DO schools in US. I have 2 major questions:

1) Can you tell me if I can come back to Canada after and apply for a residence with the same rights as canadian MD's owners for EVERY provinces ?

I asked to the college of physicians and they said that when you come back from US OR France, you have the same rights to apply for a residence as for canadians; but she did not specify MD or DO.

ont (largest match), bc (largest match), quebec are considered CMG

Manitoba and alberta is IMG

pei, nova, and new b you dont exist

2) Do you think it's 100% sure that I can come back from US with a DO degree and do a family medicine residency ?

the only way to be 100% sure of comming back to canada is doing medical school in canada

Thank you,

seems like ur 100% dead set into canada, if thats the case i would not leave canada- theres no degree that will confirm a stay in canada. If your ok with USA, DO is the best bet after MD, then IMG

Ana

If you go to the US you should be willing to do residency there. The advantage of the US is that you have a good shot of getting a residency not necessarily a Canadian one (as opposed to quite possibly no residency anywhere if you are IMG).

Canada is not the be all and end all. There is a big world out there beyond our borders.

Archived