Premed 101 Forums

Post-interview acceptance rate

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone knows what the post-interview acceptance rate is for Ottawa? How many students are interviewed and how many of those are successful in the end?

Thanks.

Its about 1/5 for English stream and 1/3 for French stream (although this is estimates since I can't remember the exact numbers!)

Its about 1/5 for English stream and 1/3 for French stream (although this is estimates since I can't remember the exact numbers!)

I think it's a bit higher if you factor wait list movement.

Last year I believe there were ~590 interviews for 164 spots (not counting wait list offers). This is also counting both the English and French streams obviously.

Is there a stat about the number of interview invitees who are part of the french or english streams ...and how many from each stream are typically accepted?

I'm not sure about the exact numbers for French but its about a 50% acceptance rate from what I've heard from classmates. The only downside here is the waitlist movement for French stream is much less than that for English stream!

Funny thing is that objectively speaking you get the 1/5 or 1/3 ratios. But when you think about it, it comes down to you as an applicant, and not everyone else. If you leave a great impression during your interview (which doesn't mean you leave feeling great/terrible) you've got more of a 9/10 chance, whereas if you bomb your interview, your chances are slim to none.

It really comes down to understanding yourself and why you want to be who you're trying to become. If you can do that, and articulate it appropriately, you've got a better than 1/5 chance.

GP

• 2 weeks later...

Given the amount the waitlist moves, my best guess is the acceptance rate is somewhere between 35-45%.

That being said, whether you're in the 40% accepted or the 60% rejected, that's up to you.

Prepare for the interview, know your ABS and be true to yourself. That's how you're going to get in. Stat's are nice, but at the end of the day, even if theres only a 1% chance, that doesnt change how you interview. You're still going to do your best to be the person that gets accepted.

Archived