Premed 101 Forums

OT 2014 UOfOttawa

U Ottawa didn't get my CV so that is why I didn't get an interview email. But they are giving me a chance to send in. I have to call ORPAS tomorrow because I mailed in a CV so I'm not sure what happened. So if you are waiting for an Email perhaps make sure nothing is missing from your application.

How do you know they didnt get your CV? Is it mentionned anywhere in orpas?or did they email you?

U Ottawa didn't get my CV so that is why I didn't get an interview email. But they are giving me a chance to send in. I have to call ORPAS tomorrow because I mailed in a CV so I'm not sure what happened. So if you are waiting for an Email perhaps make sure nothing is missing from your application.

ps: I would be suprised that Ottawa would send interview emails so early given that the deadline to report any modification to ORPAS is March 1st. It is specified in their booklet (http://centre.ouac.on.ca/docs/orpas/b_orpas_f.pdf) that the committee will start reviewing applications in march : ''En mars, les Comités d’admission de chacun des programmes se rencontrent pour procéder à l’étude des dossiers des candidats qui ont fait une demande d’admission.'' Furthermore, the interviews start only in mid march : ''Les entrevues auront lieu le 17, 18 et 19 mars 2014 à Ottawa, Ontario'' so I'm guessing they would start sending emails the week before.

Good Luck to you and the other applicants :)

It's not on ORPAS, U Ottawa actually emailed me. I've sent it in now and contacted all the universities to makes sure they got it. I was actually really upset because I mailed my resume in November to ORPAS and when I called to make sure it was received in December they told me they didn't have time to look it up but not to worry.

How do you know they didnt get your CV? Is it mentionned anywhere in orpas?or did they email you?

ps: I would be suprised that Ottawa would send interview emails so early given that the deadline to report any modification to ORPAS is March 1st. It is specified in their booklet (http://centre.ouac.on.ca/docs/orpas/b_orpas_f.pdf) that the committee will start reviewing applications in march : ''En mars, les Comités d’admission de chacun des programmes se rencontrent pour procéder à l’étude des dossiers des candidats qui ont fait une demande d’admission.'' Furthermore, the interviews start only in mid march : ''Les entrevues auront lieu le 17, 18 et 19 mars 2014 à Ottawa, Ontario'' so I'm guessing they would start sending emails the week before.

Good Luck to you and the other applicants :)

I'm feeling a bit anxious too. I only received the confirmation email from uottawa in early February and haven't heard from them since. I spoke to someone recently and was told that emails for OT would be sent out this week.

I have a borderline gpa, but my work experience and references are fairly good so you can see why I'm a bit nervous:confused:

Good luck to everyone. Hope we hear from them soon

I'm feeling the same way.My family is french but we speak english mostly at home. I went to french elementary school and french immersion high school but i did my university education in english. I'd say i have good conversational french but when it comes to technical terms I'm worried.

When is your interview?

How is everyone prepping for the interview? I'm nervous because I'm an anglophone and my French is okay but I've never interviewed in French before!

Hey everyone!

I'm a first year Master's student in OT at UofO, I heard from my professors that the interviews were interesting. I hope I will see you guys here next September; the professors are amazing here and you will love it! Best of luck to everyone!

Cheers!

Archived