Premed 101 Forums

I don't think there's an advantage to early submission, it just means that you find out if you have an invite or not earlier...which can be beneficial since the invite is first come first serve. I didn't get my mcat score until september but I think it doesn't matter if you don't have your scores yet.

The advantage of booking a day early was huge for me. I'm not a morning person but I also didn't want to stress all day before my interview as I would with the late afternoon slots. Since I submitted early, I got to book my interview before the majority of invites and I could chose any time slot I wanted.

But for some people, this wouldn't matter at all so it's up to you! It's way more important that you are happy with your application when it's submitted and if that's not possible by the early deadline, then I wouldn't submit.

MCAT scores don't have to be in any earlier in order to be eligible for the early deadline; you can submit your application before August 15th (or whenever this year's early deadline is) and still write your MCAT later.

Personally I liked getting my interview info as soon as it became available because I found the wait agonizing-- but it is just a matter of one day, so if meeting the early deadline is challenging then it's not worth it. I had everything ready to go (except my MCAT scores) so there was no reason to hold back from submitting it in August.

Archived