Premed 101 Forums

MCAT Books

Futur3

I'm writing on July 12 (for my first time), but I have a very strong science background, and would have just completed my second year, and have just finished Physiology, and both Orgos, so that should be of some help.

At the moment, I have taken advice from some people about books (thank you to those reading this that have helped me).

This is a rough idea of what I may buy:

- Bio: EK

- Chem: Berkely

- Physics: Berkely

- VR: EK (and maybe TPR HL)

- Orgo: EK or Berkely

- AAMC practice exams

- TPR science workbook (the one with a lot of problems in it)

- CBTs: not sure yet

I will not be taking a prep course. Does anybody have any suggestions for that list? Also, is the practice listed above enough? Should I buy CBTs?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

I'm writing on July 12 (for my first time), but I have a very strong science background, and would have just completed my second year, and have just finished Physiology, and both Orgos, so that should be of some help.

At the moment, I have taken advice from some people about books (thank you to those reading this that have helped me).

This is a rough idea of what I may buy:

- Bio: EK

- Chem: Berkely

- Physics: Berkely

- VR: EK (and maybe TPR HL)

- Orgo: EK or Berkely

- AAMC practice exams

- TPR science workbook (the one with a lot of problems in it)

- CBTs: not sure yet

I will not be taking a prep course. Does anybody have any suggestions for that list? Also, is the practice listed above enough? Should I buy CBTs?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Looks like a bunch of good choices. Did you plan on buying the AAMC practice exams as CBTs? Definitely good to have experience writing the test on a computer before doing the real thing. I thought all of the AAMC FLs were enough practice and didn't bother with additional CBTs.

Also, I used TBR for Orgo and liked it. No point of comparison between EK and TBR, though.

Kaplan gives elite test takers the opportunity to build their resumes and give back to other members of the pre-health community. Working as an MCAT Instructor not only looks great on resumes and applications, it also gives you the ability to change a students life!

Working while in school not only teaches you to budget your time and resources, it also gives you an opportunity to build you resume before you finish school.

Many professional schools are looking for students who are not only able to maintain proper grades, but also able to impact their colleagues and community.

We have classes coming up in your area that meet in the evenings and/or weekends. For 10 teaching sessions you will earn over $1000.00.

If you are interested, please contact me at stephanie.cager@kaplan.com.

I encourage you to share my contact information with anyone who you think may be interested in teaching for Kaplan. Talented people tend to have talented friends.

Best of Luck!

Stephanie

• 2 weeks later...

Archived