Premed 101 Forums

Very Worried- Please Help

Okay so, I already had my interview and I'm freaking out... It was my only interview and I have no idea how it went. I can't seem to focus on anything at all. I was wondering if any one has had similar experiences where they had a so-so interview but got accepted.

Thank you,

Worried.

I remember that feeling. Just don't dwell over it. I spent my time on premed101 and read over past posts, stats, etc to kill time last year.

Good advice. I definitely understand that I can't do anything about it but it's tough lol. Need this more than anything..

Need this more than anything..

You need to let go of this thought. You DON'T need this. You really want it, but you don't NEED it.

What's the worst case scenario here? You don't get in and you apply again! Clearly you're application was strong enough to get you an interview so you should be able to get one next year as well. If that's the case it will not feel great, but it's FAR from the end of your life.

There are people out there who worry about health issues, making sure they have a roof over their heads, dealing with the loss of loved ones. In the grand scheme of things, if you're main concern in life is the outcome of a medical school interview, you are very fortunate.

So calm down and let it go. It's out of your hands at this point. I've heard lots of stories of people who thought their interview was amazing/unremarkable/garbage and got in.

Be proud of the fact that out of 4000 people, you were selected for an interview and move on until that day in mid-May. It will do your sanity a lot of good.

This attitude kept me sane after my own interview. Good luck!

Okay so, I already had my interview and I'm freaking out... It was my only interview and I have no idea how it went. I can't seem to focus on anything at all. I was wondering if any one has had similar experiences where they had a so-so interview but got accepted.

Thank you,

Worried.

You can have a stellar interview and still get rejected. You can have what you thought was a crappy or so-so interview and get accepted. Bottom line, you gotta learn to stop stressing over this.

You can have a stellar interview and still get rejected. You can have what you thought was a crappy or so-so interview and get accepted. Bottom line, you gotta learn to stop stressing over this.

Medical school interviews are the perfect example of: perceptions are not realities.

GP

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you,

Worried.

Hey!

Just wanted to let you know that you're definitely NOT alone! I already had my interview and left feeling pretty good and then crashed a short time later. I keep mulling over it and now don't feel good at all about it :(.

There should be dedicated counsellors to premedders! :P

But everyone else is totally right - not much we can do until d-day! (Which is in 48 days!)

Best of luck!!

Same goes for me ! Had my interview yesterday and still wondering about what I should have said, should have done... Anyways, I believe we all felt this way even before getting the interview invites so just try to remember that it is basically out of your control, you did all you could and here we are.

For my part, focusing on the upcoming exams keeps my head busy so I don't think too much. Running also helps to clear my head when it gets too much :)

Cheers, and remember we are a few hundreds in this situation ;)

Archived