Premed 101 Forums

First Year Physics for MCAT ??

Heebz

Hello,

I am currently in my first year. I took physics in grade 11 and 12. I was wondering if first year physics is helpful for MCAT ? I don't want to risk my GPA. Any advice will be appreciated. I am thinking of taking physics as a summer course in UofT St. George (I'm at UTM).

How did you do in high school physics? I think if you understood all the concepts, you don't need 1st year physics to do well on the MCAT.

If you take an MCAT course, they do a really good job with preparing you for the science sections!

Most people who I've spoken to (including myself) haven't taken physics at a university level but we've all done well on the physical sciences section on the MCAT. There's some anecdotal evidence for you!

How did you do in high school physics? I think if you understood all the concepts, you don't need 1st year physics to do well on the MCAT.

If you take an MCAT course, they do a really good job with preparing you for the science sections!

Most people who I've spoken to (including myself) haven't taken physics at a university level but we've all done well on the physical sciences section on the MCAT. There's some anecdotal evidence for you!

Thank you very much ! I did good on high school physics :) Your post helped me a lot

Archived