Premed 101 Forums

Honours Science- Vanier or Dawson

Hi,

I applied at (in health science) both Dawson and Vanier. In the latter, I got an invitation to their honours science program. I would like to know if it is worth getting in it for the sake of going into Med-P? I also got accepted in Dawson, but they didn't send me an invitation for their First Choice program, just regular Health science. I don't know what to do...

Going for honour won't increase your chance of getting into MED-P. Universities only look at your final R Score regardless of the type of health science you come from.

On the other hand, you might acquire more knowledge in honours (Never been in it, can't guarantee it tho.) and if your a real science fan, this could be a real positive.

Going for honour won't increase your chance of getting into MED-P. Universities only look at your final R Score regardless of the type of health science you come from.

On the other hand, you might acquire more knowledge in honours (Never been in it, can't guarantee it tho.) and if your a real science fan, this could be a real positive.

And what about going into the regular health science program, should I choose Vanier or Dawson?

ok. why is vanier better?

1) I did med at UdeM, 3 from Vanier non from dawson, not sure how things are at McGill though, maybe the other way round

2) The rumours on the street is that Vanier is better in science, while Dawson is better in human science and visual arts --- rumour being rumour, but what I noticed over my cegep years is that Vanier is doing way better than Dawson in terms of all kinds of math/science competitions/contests...

Archived