Premed 101 Forums

chance me :)

Hi

I am currently in my 3rd year and my GPA for american schools is 4.0,I am hoping to write MCAT this summer,my practice exams are in the range of 35.I have decent EC's,research heavy.

I wanted to know how is my chance for american schools that are in the range of ontario schools in terms of education level?

Also I wanted to know if I write my mcat in august do I still have a chance to apply as I heard US schools prefer early applications?

Take your MCAT earlier in July if you can, but its not the end of the world, use this application cycle as a test run. And if need be apply again once you complete your 4th year.

Your stats seem fine, but you havent explained your ECs/research - if they are decent, you can then apply broadly to all mid-tier and upper-tier US MD schools that take international students - and should get interviews at many of them.

4.0 GPA 35MCAT(potentially) and at least average-above average ECs = USMD acceptance if you aren't akward in interviews.

Why aren't you applying to Canadian schools? You should get interviews at most, if your MCAT breakdown is good.

• 2 weeks later...

If you can get mid 30's on MCAT and apply early for US schools (July/August) you are pretty much guaranteed to have interviews. Applying early is the key (you can apply before your MCAT mark becomes available), but too often we see students delaying application till October or even later which really hurts their chances despite having a stellar GPA and MCAT. Getting into med school really depends on your interviews. For Canadian schools, make sure you have a well balanced MCAT, not necessarily a high overall mark.

Nonetheless, getting into the habit of preparing your application early. It really off when you apply for elective rotations and residency programs as a medical student.

Archived