Premed 101 Forums

Occupational Therapy at U of M

They posted this on their site

"April 8 , 2014

All applicants have been contacted via email. If you have not received an email (indicating that you have been offered an interview spot, are on the alternate list, or are no longer proceeding in the process) please notify us at a SMR.MOTprogram@med.umanitoba.ca.

We have over 90 per cent of the interview spots confirmed. We are continuing to contact applicants on the alternate list as spots become available. As of today, the minimum GPA to be offered an interview is 3.58 for Manitoba applicants, 3.8 for out of province applicants, and 3.98 for international applicants."

Wow... OOP is very competitive this year. Doesn't look too good for me as mine is around 3.7 on their scale but one can hope.

I believe it says to just bring photo ID! I wasn't planning on bringing anything else just because on the interview guidelines it says that interviewers do not have background information on us.

Does anyone know what types of questions will be asked. For UBC it was personal and situational questions - I wonder if UofM will have situational ones too? It says they will ask about you, occupational therapy profession, and the University of Manitoba program.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear trinity3

I am pleased to inform you that the Department of Occupational Therapy Selection Committee has voted to provide the top candidates with an early notification of our recommendation for admission.* Our Department will be recommending to the Faculty of Graduate Studies that you be offered admission to the Master of Occupational Therapy (MOT) program for the 2014-2015 academic session. Please note that if you had outstanding course work at the time of application, your offer will be conditional on meeting all eligibility requirements. You will receive official notification from the Faculty of Graduate Studies via your UMGradConnect account.

After being rejected from UBC, mcmaster and probably U of A. It was really nice to hear that I was a top candidate for U of M. Good luck everyone! Hope to see you in the fall!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived