Premed 101 Forums

McMaster MMI - Written component?

So I received my invite to Mac's MMI yesterday (YAY hard work has paid off). In reading through the invitation I saw that it mentions a written component before starting the stations. Can anyone who has participated in the MMI previously clarify what is meant by this? I am a student with a learning disability and normally use a computer for any written work that is more than a few paragraphs long. This is for many reasons but mainly timeliness and legibility.

So I received my invite to Mac's MMI yesterday (YAY hard work has paid off). In reading through the invitation I saw that it mentions a written component before starting the stations. Can anyone who has participated in the MMI previously clarify what is meant by this? I am a student with a learning disability and normally use a computer for any written work that is more than a few paragraphs long. This is for many reasons but mainly timeliness and legibility.

I'm not sure what the written component is about but they might be able to accommodate for the learning disability.

First off, congrats on getting an invite!

I don't recall having had to write something prior to the stations. It might be something new they're trying. You can email them (the earlier the better) and I'm pretty sure they would accommodate.

Did you happen to find out what this writing component was about? I feel like it may just be signing confidentiality forms

Yes, when I called admissions they said that we will have 10 minutes to write a short answer. That was all the information I was given.

Archived