Premed 101 Forums

MCAT 2015 books

NeuroPreMed

I'm using berkley and they're pretty detailed with their explanations (as is TPR). Don't really knwo about kaplan, but I wouldn't use EK for content review, unless you got 95+ in all your prereqs. They have good verbal passages though

Ok So get the berkley set with an extra EK verbal perhaps?

Well i got all the berkley books + their 7 full length tests (it was like $820 i think, after shipping). Get all of EK's 1001 passage books, it will be a couple hundred more. Add in some AAMC tests and you're looking at $1k+, assuming you don't take a prep course :(

Word of advice though, get the books soon. berkley can take 6 weeks to ship

Yeah it isn't cheap... Did you order them straight from berkley?

Well i got all the berkley books + their 7 full length tests (it was like $820 i think, after shipping). Get all of EK's 1001 passage books, it will be a couple hundred more. Add in some AAMC tests and you're looking at $1k+, assuming you don't take a prep course :(

Word of advice though, get the books soon. berkley can take 6 weeks to ship

And some people try to say there aren't financial barriers to medical school because you get an LoC if you get in... They forget about the cost of writing the mcat, the cost of applying, flying out for interviews, (if you're from a small town, the cost of having a car to be able to volunteer places (yes, you need one in legitimately small towns)), etc. Frustrating as hell sometimes. I spent $250 for my mcat registration and used free online resources to study, no other option. But hey, there's no difference right?

*Not saying that you guys have that opinion btw, it just came up the other day and was bugging me lol

Archived